Today Cinema 4d is improving widely and it became the motion designer’s best platform to create some amazing artwork. To build this fantastic artwork Cinema 4d Artist needs specialize tool and that is Cinema 4d Deformers.
Cinema 4d Deformers is really a time saver! And artists utilize it like a charm. This is possible because Maxon keeps Improving day by day the best Integration in cinema 4d.
Today we will discuss all the Cinema 4d Deformers in the Latest S24 version to give up-to-date knowledge of every deformer.
So let’s get started!
In the Latest Cinema 4d s24 version total of 31 deformers that you can play with to create great 3d Design Artwork. So we will discuss each of them.
Please Note: Some Deformers act same functionality, We merge it and discuss it together.
1. Bend Deformer
Bend Deformer has basically bent the object with very easy steps. Let’s say take an object applies the bend deformer and drag it into the object.
Please note: Your object should have a higher subdivision, otherwise the bend deformer not bend smoothly.
So to apply the bend deformer you have to drag the bend deformer into the object. Here I’m using the cube. And press the Fit to parent.
When you parent it there is a bounding box that appears all over the object.
- Now adjust the angle as requirement here I change to 90degree.
- Change the strength for and your object bend like a charm!
- You can change the angle in all direction and your object bend in that direction.
There is an option Keep length, that makes the object keep the actual length, You see when I click it cube changes back to its original position, and then bends.
So play with the setting and you get the proper bend in your to object.
2. Bulge Deformer
- The Buldge deformer makes your object bulge and when you reverse its strength it contracts.
- Bulge deformer is a very handy tool that makes any text looks like a bulge effect.
- As same as before drag and drop the Bulge deformer into the object.
Here is the shortcut for applying the bulge deformer,
Select the object you want to apply then press Shift+click any deformer, it automatically child with the object, isn’t that timesaver!
- Same as the Bend deformer, You can adjust the strength of the bulge deformer.
- Bulge create a very funky effect like a spring
- Adjust the curvature that looks stiffness and smooth effect to the object u use.
- Play around with the parameters.
Shear deformer is basically looked like the slider or slanted effect to the object you create.
As you can see the object is slanting when you higher the strength parameter, 1st set the angle then as a requirement then higher up the strength.
Curvature helps you to bend the object even more like the bend deformer.Keep that in mind that curvature can scale over 100 percent.
4. Taper Deformer
Taper deformer is used to tap the object in upper and lower directions that are useful in many 3d artworks to create amazing abstract art!
- When You adjust the strength the upper part is tapped like e bullet and that really saves lots of time.
- Make sure At first select Fit to parent.
Curvature helps to create the curve in the object that looks like a flower vase. Play with this strength and curvature to create beautiful objects.
5. Twist Deformer
As the name suggests Twist Deformer is a very handy tool and for twisting objects and play with them.
- Just put the twist deformer into the object
- Click Fit to parent
- Adjust the strength.
- You are done, isn’t that easy!
6. Camera Deformer
Camera Deformer used to deform the object in a freeway through the camera view. It’s a very cool deformer to use.
- When you drag the camera deformer and child with the object, you will notice there is grid all over the viewport.
- Then change to point mode as the mark in the above screenshot.
Select the Magnet tool from the spline for object deformation.
- With the Magnet Tool, simply create a funky design on the object.
- Please Note– The more Grid you create the more control you have so use it wisely how much detail you want to make.
Animate the Object, you notice that the deformation does not affect the object, but it’s on the camera. When something passes the deform area it automatically deforms.
So camera Deformer is really cool and you can create some beautiful effects with easy steps.
Correction Deformer helps you to give extra control over the object to adjust. For example,
Let’s take a cube and apply a Subdivision surface to it.
Now Look very carefully, after applying the subdivision you can only get 4 points to adjust, you can’t get full control!
Here Correction deformers show his magic,
You see after applying correction deformer you get full control over the object, isn’t that impressive!
Please Note- correction deformer always drags below the object, like I did in the above image, it is placed below the cube.
8. FFD Deformer
FFD Deformer is another very important deformer for modeling in cinema 4d and gives you the flexibility to deform freely with some basic points.
- After applying the FFD deformer (child with the Object), you see that there is bounding box appears.
- You can adjust the grid x and y-axis.
You can adjust the bounding box for easy deformation of high poly objects without tweaking their subdivision points. That’s why FFD deformer is so important among the Cinema 4d deformer.
9. Mesh Deformer
Mesh deformer is kind of the same as FFD deformer the only difference is that you create your own bounding box to adjust the high poly object by tweaking with points.
- Drag the mesh deformer into the sphere object, now we want to create our own bounding box for adjustment.
- Let say we take a platonic object
- Drag the object into the mesh deformer and press initiate.
- You notice that the platonic object turns into the bounding box.
- Now you can easily select the points and adjust the high poly object.
- Please note: your bounding box object will be in editable mode (press C), otherwise you cant adjust.
10. Explosion & Explosion FX
Both these Cinema 4d Deformers are kind of the same, use to explode the object, but the explosion FX has more control for more flexibility.
In an explosion deformer, apply on the object and you get only the strength to explode the object and not realistic.
- In Explosion fx, you get the full flexibility to control.
- Apply on the object and adjust the blast speed to control the speed.
- Here you get lots of options to play with and create some amazing simulations within a few minutes.
11. Melt Deformer
- Melt deformer is a very powerful and easy Cinema 4d Deformers that melts any object from high poly to low poly, this deformer melts very thing.
- Just Drag and drop and adjust the strength as a requirement and your work is done.
Shatter deformer is a very simple cinema 4d deformers when applying to the object it shatters into pieces and falls on the ground.
Just apply on the object and adjust the strength.
You can also change the angle of each polygon and also give variation in your simulation.
13. Jiggle deformer
- Jiggle deformer kind of cool cinema 4d deformers that gives any type of object a jiggly effect.
- Just apply it and adjust the strength to get an amazing jiggle effect.
14. Squash and Stretch
As the name suggests this deformer makes really fun to apply usually squash and stretch the object.
In the parameter adjust the Factor and the object easily squash and stretch. There is lots of option there to play with. Keep experimenting with the parameter.
You adjust every portion of the object from top to button.
Collision is an amazing cinema 4d deformers when to collide any object.
- Let’s take the plane as collide object. Dag and drop the collision deformer into the plane object.
- Now we have to make the collider object that collides with the plane..for that
- I take a sphere and drag the into the collide parameter in the collision deformer.
Now the magic begins when you move the object over the plane you see that it smoothly collides in real-time in the viewport, without the render.
It saves lots of time for the artist.
16. Shrink Wrap
Shrink deformers usually deform from one object to another. It’s a really useful deformer. This type of deformation is widely used in many motion design advertisements.
- Let’s take a sphere and drag the Shrink Wrap deformer into the sphere object.
- Now, take a cube where we deform the object and place it above the sphere.
- Drag the cube into the Shrink wrap Target Object for deformation.
Now you can see when we adjust the Strength It deforms from sphere to cube.
Spherify Cinema 4d Deformers is the same as the shrink wrap deformer but the difference is that this deformer turns any object into a sphere.
Let say we take a platonic object, and drag the spherify deformer into the platonic object and click fit to parent.
- As you can see that when we adjust the strength platonic object change into the sphere.
- You can turn any object into a sphere that’s why it named Spherify.
18. Delta Mush Cinema 4d Deformers
Delta mesh is for the Rigging deformer. When you move the rigging part sometimes it deforms very weirdly, then Delta mush comes in handy.
I share the youtube link where you can easily understand the concept.
Smoothing Cinema 4d Deformers used to smooth the overall object. This cinema 4d deformer comes in handy when modeling an object.
- You see that the smooth effect on the overall object.
- You can apply this deformer on making cloth smoothing etc.
The surface Cinema 4d Deformers is a very cool deformer that used to follow the other deform surface and movies as the surface deformation
- 1st take the landscape and cube.
- Put the surface deformer into the cube.
- Drag the landscape object into the surface deformer parameter.
- Now in the surface deformer, you change the Type to MappingU,V.
- Adjust the scale parameter as a requirement, and animate the U, V parameter to get the result of the surface.
Adjust the U, V parameter to move the cube on the landscape surface.
21. Wrap Deformer
This Cinema 4d Deformers is basically used to wrap around the object for easy deformation.
- Here you can see the plane object turn into a cylinder with just apply with the wrap deformer.
- Just apply on the plane deformer press Fit parent.
- Play around the longitude start end.
22. Spline Deformer
This Cinema 4d Deformers connects the object with the spline to create amazing results. For example,
- Let’s take a plane with lots of subdivision
- Then apply the spline deformer.
- Take two circles spline above the plane for the deformation.
- Now drag the two circle spline into the spline deformer
You can see the spline and the object connect together to form a new object.
23. Spline Rail
This Cinema 4d deformers is very useful and kind of the same as the spline deformer. This spline rail basically used to attach the two different shape spline with reference to 3d shape.
- As you can see I create two splines with different shapes.
- Now create an object with lots of subdivision, here I take the cube
- Drag the spline rail into the cube.
Now here in the spline rail, drag the two spline into the z spline left and z spline right
You see it automatically changes the form into a reference object, i.e cube.
24. Spline Wrap
Spline Wrap deformer is widely used in Cinema 4d Deformers, It basically moves the object with the help o spline or to fit in the spline.
- Take cylinder and spline
- Drag the spline wrap deformer into the cylinder object
- Now drag the spline into the spline wrap deformer and change it to Y-axis
- We will notice that the cylinder fits into the spline.
- Play around the all parameter to get a nice result.
Displacer deformer is used to displace the object and create different organic textures with the help of cinema 4d Noise.
Drag the displacer deformer on the sphere, In the shading section, you can add the Noise texture.
- In the Noise texture, simply increase the Global scale and you will notice the organic feel on the sphere.
- In the shading parameter, you can add your own greyscale texture for that effect.
- You can animate the global scale for a realistic effect.
- Play around with other noise textures for different looks.
26. Formula deformer
Formula deformer is using formula or expression to on object for doing tasks. Its is same as the After effects expression.
When formula applies on the plane the default expression is a ripple effect that you can manipulate the bounding box and scale position to change the ripple effect.
Play around with the parameter of the formula to get the best result.
27. Morph Deformer
Morph Cinema 4d Deformers allows you to blend the object. It basically used in rigging any object and morphing the shape. You can alter the shape of the point etc. It’s a complicated deformer so I recommend to you the video so that your concept will be easily clear easily clear
28. Point Cache
Point cache is a kind of tag that transfers the recording of Point cache tag, For this demonstration, I suggest you watch the video For Better Understanding about the Point cache.
29. Wind Deformer
Wind Deformer is a very simple Cinema 4d Deformers that used to manipulate the wind effect on an object like a place that looks like a flag.
Apply the wind deformer on the plane and tweak the frequency and turbulence to change the motion of the plane that looks like a flag.
Bevel Cinema 4d Deformers gives the artist extra control on modeling objects. When we bevel in a normal way, after beveling there is no turning back to the original stage.
But in bevel deformer, we get the extra flexibility to bevel the object and change whenever we want.
Also see: How to use Displacement in Cinema 4d
I hope this article is useful for you, and understand the basic concept of the Cinema 4d deformers. Let me know in the comment section if you give any request or advice.